Thousands of American businesses and people rely on FedEx for the transportation and delivery of goods each day. Normally, products are delivered on time and unharmed by FedEx. However, due to the large number of FedEx trucks on the market, accidents involving FedEx, UPS or other delivery trucks are not an uncommon thing. Here are a few recent serious incidents involving FedEx trucks:
– In March of 2009, a FedEx truck driver fell asleep at the wheel and collided with two other trucks, causing three people to be injured.
– In Orlando, FL, A FedEx truck collided with two tractor-trailers. This accident caused one fatality and several other people to be seriously injured.
– In Maryland, a FedEx truck collided with another vehicle, seriously injuring two people.
– In Saylorsbury, PA, A FedEx tractor-trailer hit a guardrail then rolled down an embankment. It eventually crashed into a local winery. The passenger and driver of the truck sustained major injuries.
There are many reasons that accidents involving FedEx trucks occur. They include:
- Driver fatigue
- Intoxication of the driver
- Inexperienced Drivers
- Failure to obey traffic and safety laws
- Poor weather conditions
- Vehicle equipment failure
- Poor road conditions
- Poorly loaded goods in the truck
FedEx trucks are considered big trucks along with semis, big rigs, and 18-wheelers. The U.S. department of Transportation publishers accident statistics each year and here are a few statistics about big trucks:
- About 13 percent of all accidents involve a big truck in some way, shape or form.
- Almost 5,000 people die each year as a result of an accident involving a big truck
- Truck drivers only account for about 25 percent of all accidents involving big trucks.
- Most fatal big truck accidents occur in rural areas during the mid part of the day.
- Texas, Florida, and California are the three states with the highest number of big truck fatalities.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a big truck accident, get a free consultation from one of our truck accident attorneys. Our attorneys represent victims and families of victims to ensure that justice is served. We understand that financial compensation will not bring a loved one back, but at least it can help provide financial assistance in a tough time.